About Me

My photo
Science communication is important in today's technologically advanced society. A good part of the adult community is not science savvy and lacks the background to make sense of rapidly changing technology. My blog attempts to help by publishing articles of general interest in an easy to read and understand format without using mathematics. You can contact me at ektalks@yahoo.co.uk

Wednesday 3 June 2015

James Watt (1736-1819) Story of the Steam Engine

James Watt's improvement of the steam engine is credited for driving the Industrial Revolution.  Watt was a prolific inventor and is highly respected for the originality of his thinking. 

In 2014, I had prepared comprehensive biographies of five Scottish inventors/scientists.  These talks, lasting over 12 hours,  were given at Strathclyde Centre for LifeLong Learning and for my Science for All programme in East Kilbride.  

In the following I publish the slides of the talks as I feel that this will be of general interest .  Unfortunately the animations in several of the slides do not show in this blog - but may be viewed by going to the original references which are mentioned in most cases.




























































No comments: